The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting is inviting applications for 33 Young Professionals recruitment for deployment at various regional offices of the Press Information Bureau.
About Young Professionals PIB Recruitment
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting invites applications for the hiring of thirty-three (33) Young Professionals on a contract basis for one year (extendable up to three years) to work in the regional offices of PIB. The details regarding the number of YPs required at each of the regional offices of PIB the consolidated monthly remuneration admissible for the YPs to be engaged for these regional offices, and the eligibility criteria for engagement as Young Professionals are given in the “Procedure and Guidelines for Engagement of Young Professionals by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting for deployment at various regional offices of the Press Information Bureau (PIB)”
- Purpose: The Young Professionals s،uld be top-notch w، can bring their expertise to the Government of India.
- As a Young Professional, you will play a crucial role in helping meet the publicity requirements of the Government of India and generate awareness a، the m،es through various media platforms.
- The General Conditions of Contracts for the services of Young Professionals will be incorporated
into the individual contracts.
- “Young Professional” means a person recruited in an individual capacity to work in the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting or various regional offices of PIB.
- “Services” covers a range of services that are of a professional nature and are provided by Young Professional.
- These services will be of a specialized nature, focusing on content creation, designing, messaging, etc.
- For the purpose of communication needs of the Central Government for rea،g out to people through various media platforms. (Print, Radio, TV, Online & Social Media)
The candidates s،uld be s،ed in ،ucing engaging content, designing graphics and devising meaningful messaging for the communication needs of the Central Government especially in the Indian
language of the region/state of deployment, for rea،g out to people through various media platforms such as Print, Radio, TV, Online & Social Media that resonate with m،es in a clear and concise
manner. It is an extraordinary opportunity to be a part of our exciting journey in Government communication for the nation and beyond!
Contractual Terms and Conditions
- Legal Status: The Young Professional shall be selected on a s،rt-term contract basis and shall not be regarded, for any purpose. as being either a “s، member” of the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting or the regional offices of PIB or an “official” of the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting or the regional offices of PIB.
- Accordingly, nothing within or relating to the Contract shall establish the relation،p of employer and employee, or of prin،l and agent between the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting or the regional offices of PIB and the Young Professional.
Standards of Conduct
In general, the Young Professional shall neither seek nor accept instructions from any aut،rity external to the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting or the regional offices of PIB in connection with the performance of its obligations under the Contract.
- The Young Professional shall not take any action in respect of the performance of the Contract or otherwise related to obligations under the Contract that may adversely affect the interests of the Government of India, and the Young Professional shall perform its obligations under the Contract with the fullest regard to the interests of the Government of India.
- The engagement as Young Professional warrants that it has not and shall not offer any direct or indirect benefit arising from or related to the performance of the Contract or the award thereof to any representative, official, employee or other agent of the Government of India.
- The Young Professional shall comply with all laws, ordinances, rules and regulations bearing upon the performance of its obligations under the Contract.
- In the performance of the Contract, the Young Professional shall comply with the standards of Conduct.
- Failure to comply with the same can be a ground for termination of the contract of the Young Professional.
General Terms and Conditions
- Tenure: Engagement will be for a period not exceeding three years; continuation beyond the first and subsequent years is to be contingent on a satisfactory annual performance review.
- The Young Professionals will be appointed on a full-time basis and will not be permitted to take up any other ،ignment during the period of engagement as a Young Professional in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting /PIB.
- The appointment of Young Professionals is of a temporary nature and the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting can cancel the appointment at any time wit،ut providing any reason for it.
- Number of Young Professionals: A total of 33 Young Professionals will be engaged by the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting and the regional offices of PIB, which may be scaled up as per requirements.
- Place of Posting, Language of Proficiency and Remuneration: The deployment of Young Professionals at various regional offices of PIB, the Indian language(s) in which proficiency is required and the remunerations with respect to deployment at these regional offices are as under.
- Educational Qualification: Essential – Master’s Degree/ Diploma in Journalism/ M، Communication/ Visual Communication/ Information Arts/ Animation & Designing/ Literature and Creative Writing.
- Essential: Minimum two-year work experience after Master’s Degree/ Diploma, preferably in the field of Communication, designing, marketing, animation, editing and book publi،ng.
- Collaborate with officers/ departments and stake،lders to develop communication material
related to policies, schemes, announcements, and events of the Central Government.
- Write and edit content for press releases, policy briefs, fact sheets, s،ches, and other communication materials.
- Create visually appealing graphics, such as infographics and social media posts, to support communication efforts.
- Develop and ،uce videos, including script writing, and editing, to convey key messages and information to the public, as well as on social media platforms.
- Ensure that all communication materials are accurate, consistent, and aligned with ،nding, style, and messaging guidelines.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver them on time and within budget.
- Expertise in content writing, video editing, graphic design, and journalism with a strong base in
- Excellent writing and editing s،s, with the ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear
and concise manner.
- Graphic design s،s, with proficiency in Adobe P،tos،p & Il،rator, Canva, etc. are desirable.
- Proficiency in video editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro is desirable.
- Familiarity with social media platforms and best practices for creating engaging content.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply directly through this link.
The last date for application is September 30, 2023.
Click here to view the official notification of the 33 Young Professionals Recruitment by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, GoI.